Do you have a solid marketing plan in place for 2015? Do you know exactly what you are doing, down to every last detail?
It doesn’t matter where you stand, you should always make time to learn from others. One of the best ways to increase your knowledge is to read marketing-related blogs. Pick out a few of your favorites, stay current with each update, and then implement any advice that could boost your business.
At this point, there is probably one big question on your mind: which marketing blogs should you read? Everybody has different tastes. Everybody is looking for something in particular. That being said, here is a list of my 25 favorite marketing blogs to read online:
My Favorite Marketing Blogs to Read
1. Quick Sprout: When it comes to online marketing, Neil Patel is a master. There are thousands of marketing blogs out there, but not many match the depth of Patel’s content. Take a look at one of his many guides, such as this one on content marketing, to learn more.
2. ConversionXL: If conversion optimization is on your mind, this blog should be your guiding light. Every post touches on how to improve your conversion rate, and from a marketing point of view there is nothing more important than that.
3. Convince & Convert: Despite the name, this blog touches on a variety of marketing related topics, not just conversion optimization. Here is all you need to know: it was named the #1 content marketing blog in the world by Content Marketing Institute.
4. Copyblogger: For online marketing advice, both basic and advanced, Copyblogger has you covered. From how to create the perfect headline to tips for connecting with customers, this blog won’t steer you wrong.
5. Aimclear: With a focus on many topics, including search engine marketing and all aspects of online advertising, the Aimclear Blog team will keep you full of all the best information and knowledge.
6. Content Marketing Institute: The name says it all. Content marketing is all the rage, and this blog is updated regularly with breaking news, trends, stats, and much more.
7. TopRank: There is a lot to like about this blog, including the fact that the content is never “rehashed.” Every title is unique. Every author (and there are many) takes a unique stance on the subject at hand.
8. Marketing Experiments: Are you the type of person who likes to sift through hard data, numbers, and stats? If so, the Marketing Experiments blog is right up your alley. It takes an analytical approach to a wide range of topics.
9. Duct Tape Marketing: This blog will help you “hold together” your marketing strategy, regardless of where it stands. The name of this company is fun, but the content is even more exciting.
10. MarketingProfs: There are hundreds upon hundreds of articles spanning almost every marketing category imaginable. The quantity alone should be enough to visit this blog. Once you come to realize the quality of the writing, you will find yourself coming back every day for more advice.
11. Social Media Examiner: In today’s day and age, social media marketing has picked up a lot of steam. If you want to give this a go, without wondering where to start or what to do next, this blog will show you the way.
12. Social Media Explorer: Sticking with the theme of social media marketing, this is another blog worth reading. Some of the concepts may be similar to Social Media Examiner, but all the content is unique and insightful.
13. Heidi Cohen: The tagline of this blog says it all: actionable marketing guide. Some blogs don’t give you advice that can be easily implemented. This is not the case with Cohen, as all her guidance can be implemented with a little bit of time and plenty of desire.
14. Grow: In the same mold as Quick Sprout, the Grow blog never misses the market in terms of content depth, including key examples and plenty of resources.
15. Branding Strategy Insider: One of the primary goals of your marketing strategy should be to build a solid brand. Branding Strategy Insider gives you actionable advice for doing so, even if you have overlooked the importance of this in the past.
16. Spin Sucks: Here is the tagline: Professional Development for PR and Marketing Pros. If you value the importance of combining PR and marketing, Spin Sucks will point you in the right direction.
17. Vertical Measures: There are two things that set this blog apart (or at least allow them to fit in with the others on the list): 1. The use of high quality content, combined with graphics, such as infographics. 2. Content that is simple to read and understand. No big words or complex strategies here. Just down to earth advice.
18. ReelSEO: Are you searching for a fresh take on an old marketing strategy? Video SEO could be just what you need. Learn everything you need to know at the ReelSEO blog.
19. Word to the Wise: Email marketing is still one of the best ways to spread the word. Word to the Wise teaches you the techniques and strategies you need to achieve success in this area of your business.
20. Social Media Impact: This is just another social media blog, right? Wrong. If you want to make a true impact via social media, this blog will help you formulate a killer plan.
21. Search Engine Land: For years, this blog has been a leader in the search engine space. If you care about Google algorithm changes, SEO advice, and case studies, among other topics, it will treat you well.
22. Search Engine Journal: Similar in many ways to Search Engine Land, this blog takes on everything “search engine related.” Even with multiple daily updates, it always stays fresh and appealing.
23. Contently: We’ll let Contently explain what its blog is all about: Insights and Analysis on Brands, Storytelling, and the Future of Content. What more could you want?
24. Boost Blog Traffic: Simply put, if you have dreams of boosting your traffic, this blog has your back. No, it is not updated as often as some of the others on this list; however, every published post is full of high quality, targeted advice.
25. SEO Book: There are a few other “SEO focused” blogs on this list, but SEO Book is hard to beat thanks to its combination of content and video that teaches and informs.
You may not have time to read each and every one of these blogs on a daily basis. As long as you find your favorites and visit often, you will continually grow your knowledge of the marketing world.
Bonus Marketing Blog
I think my blog should be on that list too! If you enjoyed reading this post, you will enjoy every post I publish. Please take a few seconds and subscribe to my blog below. If you have marketing questions please leave them in the comments field and I will respond as soon as possible.
Posted in Marketing Strategy and tagged